[Openexr-devel] VC7 compile errors

From: martin
Subject: [Openexr-devel] VC7 compile errors
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:55:31 -0700

Hello;

I've spent the last couple of days trying to compile through the OpenEXR
directories: imath, half, and ilmimf under Windows.

There are numerous compile errors that forced me to comment out sections
of code.  For example,
ULONG_MAX == 18446744073709551615LU
and the ending of long designations with "LL" and "LU" and duplicately
defined templates.
Another one is below:
OpenEXR\IlmImf\ImfAttribute.h(347) : warning C4541: 'dynamic_cast' used
on polymorphic type 'Imf::Attribute' with /GR-; unpredictable behavior
may result
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\Vc7\include\xmemory(136) : while compiling class-template member
function 'const Imf::TypedAttribute<T>
*Imf::TypedAttribute<T>::cast(const Imf::Attribute *)'
        with
        [
            T=Imath::Box2i
        ]

Am I missing something?  Usually, I can make anything run.

Thanks for your help,
Martin Hash