Re: [Openexr-devel] half textures

From: Ken McGaugh
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] half textures
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 11:01:38 +0100

Simon Green wrote:
Ken,

This could be a driver bug, if you can send me a small code sample that
illustrates the problem I can get it fixed.

Thanks Simon.  I tried to reproduce the problm in exrdisplay to demonstrate it,
but it worked correctly.  So I went back and disabled everything in my app
which is different from exrdisplay and then slowly started to turn features
back on.  I think the problem was that glPixelStore() settings were bleeding
across multi-texture objects, so now I just explicitly reset them after each
glActiveTextureARB() call.

As a workaround, couldn't you just create a smaller image in memory and then do
a normal texture download?

I could, but this happens frequently and needs to be as fast as possible.
I currently just create a texture the size of the image, but we frequently
work with 4k images and our hardware doesn't really like that too much.

Glad to hear other people are playing around with hardware accelerated OpenEXR
stuff, anyway!

I wouldn't exactly call it "playing".  This app is now the backbone of our 3D
lighting pipeline.  :)

I cannot wait to get my hands on an NV40 to push this hardware accelerated exr
stuff even further.

Thanks again.
--Ken