[Openexr-devel] Re: echanging EXR's

From: Thomas Kumlehn
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Re: echanging EXR's
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:09:57 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Ken,

The proposed conversions very much look as if the EXR files will be
converted from/to DPX/CIN files at Cinesite, so YOUR benefits will be to
avoid the conversion at your place and to have smaller file sizes (CIN/DPX
files are uncompressed).

We at PIXEL PARTNER will try to include "native" EXR support both for 35mm
scanning and recording, as soon as our next generation inhouse scanner and
recorder will be finished.

The most important part will be the pair of matrices Log2Lin & Lin2Log so I
suggest you discuss this with other developers of pipeline tools and color
correction systems like IRIDAS (SpeedGrade) to have a native EXR input,
half-based correction and display (NV40) and then (in most cases) only
update the matrices on a shot by shot or frame by frame basis.

I lift my hat to your approach (as I did to your work back in Soho)

Greetings from Germany :-)

=====
Thomas Kumlehn
PIXEL PARTNER (R)