Re: [Openexr-devel] Problem Using ImfTestFile

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Problem Using ImfTestFile
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:46:15 -0700

The OpenEXR source distribution comes with a Visual Studio project file
for IlmImfExamples (see OpenEXR\vc\vc7\ilmimfexamples).  To get started,
you may want to first compile IlmImfExamples, and then modify the code
as needed.  The examples should compile out of the box, at least with
Visual Studio 7.1 (a.k.a .NET 2003). For instructions, see file OpenEXR\README.win32.

Florian

Kevin Erickson wrote:
Hello,
I am having some difficulty using openEXR and ImfTestFile. I am compiling on Visual Studio .Net 2003. I have pointed my project to use the openEXR libraries, my project only contains one .cpp file that has my main() function. The file "Garden.exr" resides in the same directory as the project. The problem is that I am getting a linker error: ExrTest.cpp error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl Imf::isOpenExrFile(char const * const)" (address@hidden@@address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden@@address@hidden>) Below is the full .cpp file: #include <ImfTestFile.h>
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
using namespace Imf;
int main()
{
 const char fileName[] = "Garden.exr";
 cout << fileName << endl << endl;

Imf::isOpenExrFile(fileName); // Error seems to be linked to this line return 0;
}

I had to revert to this test as I as getting too many errors when trying to read a file, this is the first time that I have tried to use OpenEXR and I appreciate your help and patience. I have also looked at the IlmImfExamples and they have helped, but when trying to implement myself I get more errors and linking problems. Thank you, Kevin