Re: [Openexr-devel] Problems compiling OpenEXR in Linux

From: Moritz Moeller
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Problems compiling OpenEXR in Linux
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:26:15 +0000

Matt,

I am trying to compile OPENEXR on my Gentoo Linux system.  I have tried
to compile in portage and by downloading the tar and doing it myself. It
seems to die in the same spot.  [...]

looks like a library interface problem to me though I might be wrong.

You could do an:

# emerge sync
# emerge -uDav world
# env-update
# source /etc/profile
# emerge media-libs/openexr

Which will update your system including 'deep' dependencies. Often that helps as it updates all libs to the newest versions. On my Gentoo/AMD64 system with the same kernel and gcc versions you listed the build goes through just fine.

If the deep world update doesn't help, you can try with an older gcc:

# emerge =sys-devel/gcc3.2.3

Switch to that gcc version:

# gcc-config -l
[1] i686-pc-linux-gnu-3.2.3