[Openexr-devel] Using Rgba interface for non-rgba files?

From: Ciaran Wills
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Using Rgba interface for non-rgba files?
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 14:29:25 +0100

A suggestion that I'm not sure myself if it's a good idea or not:

The Rgba interface is very handy, and more to the point a fair amount of
software appears to use it.  However we often have images that are not
rgb but we'd like to be able to open them as such (xyz passes etc.)

Would it be a good idea to let the RgbaInputFile use the first three
channels in the file as rgb if none of rgba are available?

Thoughts?