[Openexr-devel] Reading Only Specified Channels

From: Jeff Higgins
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Reading Only Specified Channels
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:49:48 -0400

I'm just starting to get into openexr and I have a question about what the current version supports.

If I have an exr image that has say 12 channels and I only need to read 3 of them (not necessarily RGB) does the reader support only reading the 3 channels that I'm interested or do I need to read the entire file just to get the 3 channels that I'm interested in.

My inclination is that is very much possible. If so is there example code that I can use as reference.

jeff higgins