RE: [Openexr-devel] VS2003 vs. VS2005 C++ ABI

From: Nick Porcino
Subject: RE: [Openexr-devel] VS2003 vs. VS2005 C++ ABI
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:34:20 -0700

The ABI changed VERY slightly; name mangling for IIRC partial template
specialization was updated to eliminate some ambiguities. So the
binaries are link compatible for the most part. I haven't spotted that
the name mangling changes affect OpenEXR.

The cross linked standard libraries that Kevin mentions are a big deal
though. For that reason, I'd say it would be cleaner to distribute vc7
and vc8 prebuilt versions.