Re: [Openexr-devel] C API calls

From: Thomas Lock
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] C API calls
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 01:38:23 -0400

I finally got it to work in debug mode, which exposed an error that wasn't
coming up in release mode (not sure why). It was missing 1 library file to
link to. I'm going to get reading and writing to work first in debug mode
and then worry about release mode.
At this point i have the writing working (verified with 2 other apps), but
the reading seems to have a non-fatal error (image is black but correct
dimensions). I don't think the buffer is getting filled properly. This
function is simply the opposite of what the writing function does, so once
the buffer is filled and converted to my array the rest is done outside this
function. I added the lines of code i believe the problem is related to, but
i can't seem to find any documentation on the C API so i am guessing.

ImfRgba *rgba;

rgba = (ImfRgba *)malloc(width * height * sizeof(ImfRgba));

header = ImfInputHeader(fp);

ImfHeaderDataWindow(header,&x1,&y1,&x2,&y2);

ImfInputSetFrameBuffer(fp, rgba , 1, width);

ImfInputReadPixels(fp, height, 0 );