Re: [Openexr-devel] openexr on windows

From: James Burgess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] openexr on windows
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:56:08 -0700

John,
When you purchased VS 2003 it gave you license to redistribute several of C runtime dlls. There are some conditions to how you do that but there are several possibilities. Installing them next to your app is one possibility. Using Windows Installer to put them into the global assembly cache is another. msdn.microsoft.com has several howto's. 2005 actually has a standalone msi to do the GAC thing but I don't recall if 2003 does.

- James.

On May 18, 2007, at 11:15 AM, address@hidden wrote:

On 5/18/07, Paul Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
address@hidden wrote:
> Hi, I've found (I think) a problem with the OpenEXR DLLs on the website.
>
> They depend on MSVCR71.dll which isn't part of vanilla XP (as far as I
> know). I'm sadly not allowed to include this DLL in my installer.

It comes with SP2, which you hopefully can list as a requirement. We
don't support anything less than SP2.

That's a shame. Thanks for the reply. I've disabled OpenEXR support in
the windows version for now, I have too many (vocal) sp1 users.

John