Re: [Openexr-devel] tellg() throws an exception on large files: OpenEXR

From: Michael Wolf
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] tellg() throws an exception on large files: OpenEXR V1.4.0a - VS2005
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 20:49:44 +0200

On Tue, 29 May 2007 02:53:40 +0200, Michael Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:

Not only do I talk to myself, but I keep myself up to date as well ;)

>> I've got a problem reading a large, tiled openEXR file (that I could write
>> perfectly - line order: RANDOM_Y).
>>
>> The exception Iex::EinvalExc is thrown after a call of
>> _is->seekg(3730400304) in Imf::StdIFStream::seekg().
>>
>> The size of the file is 4.058.791.693 bytes, so just below a potential 4GB
>> limit (which by itself would surprise me).

Solution:

I've written a custom Low-Level File-I/O using the Win32 API (CreateFile(),
ReadFile(), SetFilePointerEx() etc...).
It now works as expected reading a file beyond 2GB.
Once I've cleaned up the code I'll mail it to Florian to include if he likes to.

If there is any interest here I'll also attach the code or provide it for
download (whatever is preferable).

Cheers,

Mike - happy now :D

--