[Openexr-devel] prman display exr single file

From: Pablo Hdez-M. Saiz
Subject: [Openexr-devel] prman display exr single file
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:39:39 +0200

Hi,

We are working with Pixar's Renderman and we were wondering how we could tell the renderer to add channels to one single openexr file. If we write something like this in the RIB files:

Display "filename0001.exr" "openexr" "rgba" "quantize" [0 0 0 0]
Display "+p.exr" "openexr" "P" "quantize" [0 0 0 0]
Display "+n.exr" "openexr" "Ng" "quantize" [0 0 0 0]

what we get is three different exr each containing one of the channels we want (rgba, P and Ng respectively). But we only want one exr file with everything!

If we use the same filename in the three lines, the file only contains the rgba channel.

Perhaps you know what we should do to fix this.

Thank you very much.

Pablo and Alberto
www.elranchito.es
Spain