Re: [Openexr-devel] Vector-of-float to vector-of-half conversion?

From: James Bowman
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Vector-of-float to vector-of-half conversion?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:54:32 -0700

Yes, I have some SSE code that converts four floats in parallel.
I can dig it out if anyone is interested...

J.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Florian Kainz <address@hidden> wrote:

Have any of you tried to convert vectors of 32-bit floating-point
numbers to vectors of 16-bit floating-point numbers in a way that
is faster than calling OpenEXR's half-from-float constructor for
each vector element?  Maybe using MMX, SSE or AVX instructions?