Re: [Openexr-devel] Established deep data file extension?

From: Christian Bloch
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Established deep data file extension?
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:52:45 -0700

Well, I would think the diaspora spread is rather unofficial and hasn't gone
too far, and Weta's in-house usage can still be considered proprietary. So at
this very moment the legacy support is still restricted to a very limited group.

Consider this the last chance of altering the file extension to something
memorizable. In a year's time that chance is gone. I do think sticking to the
*xr template makes a whole lot more sense in the long run. Chances of confusion
with director files is rather minimal, so even .dxr would be appropriate.

Blochi