Re: [Openexr-devel] Trouble creating deep scanline files

From: Chip Collier
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Trouble creating deep scanline files
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:17:18 -0700

Thanks Halfdan,

I've tried it both ways but get the same results.

exrheader reports:
test.exr (incomplete file):

file format version: 2, flags 0x800
channels (type chlist):
    O, 16-bit floating-point, sampling 1 1
    Z, 32-bit floating-point, sampling 1 1
chunkCount (type int): 32
compression (type compression): none
dataWindow (type box2i): (0 0) - (31 31)
displayWindow (type box2i): (0 0) - (31 31)
lineOrder (type lineOrder): increasing y
pixelAspectRatio (type float): 1
screenWindowCenter (type v2f): (0 0)
screenWindowWidth (type float): 1
type (type string): "deepscanline"
version (type int): 1

And exrdisplay bails with:
Error reading sample count data from image file "test.exr". Unexpected data block y coordinate.

If I increase the resolution I can load it with exrdisplay (unless I enable compression).

Someone suggested I create a deep file in Nuke and see how that's laid out.

Thanks,

Chip