[Openexr-devel] Issues with building IlmBase/OpenEXR on Solaris w/ patch

From: Laurent Blume
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Issues with building IlmBase/OpenEXR on Solaris w/ patches
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 13:39:10 +0200

Hello list,

I've taken to package IlmBase and OpenEXR on Solaris 10, both sparc and x86.

I've met two simple issues that I could work around, see the attached patches.

For IlmBase:
0002_avoid_cpu_opt_on_sparc.patch

./configure detects <ucontext.h>, which exists, but its use in OpenEXR's source is not compatible (elements don't exist at all on Sparc, and are apparently different on x86). I just added a condition to avoid that block on Solaris even if ucontext is found. It might be better to check its usability in configure?

For OpenEXR:
0003_no_posix_memalign.patch

posix_memalign() does not exist on Solaris 10, this is the equivalent I've found floating around. Here too, it'd probably be better to check for it. I don't know enough about autoconf...

Cheers,

Laurent