[Openexr-devel] OpenEXR_Viewers: v2.1.0 not build good with ampasCTL

From: Rusmir Dusko
Subject: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR_Viewers: v2.1.0 not build good with ampasCTL
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 18:44:05 +0100

Hello

I'm FreeBSD maintainer for

OpenEXR

http://www.freshports.org/graphics/OpenEXR/

IlmBase

http://www.freshports.org/graphics/ilmbase/

ampasCTL

https://github.com/ampas/CTL/

http://www.freshports.org/graphics/ampasCTL/

ampasACES-container

http://www.freshports.org/graphics/ampasACES-container/

I was too maintainer for obsolete deleted Port openexr_ctl,
which is now merged into ampasCTL-1.5

- Merge ampasCTL-1.4.1 and openexr_ctl-1.0.1 into ampasCTL-1.5

http://www.freshports.org/graphics/openexr_ctl/

I try to port too OpenEXR_Viewers but it needs older
openexr_ctl, and does not look for ampasCTL-1.5

I have patched it to find libraries, please look at enclosed diffs

patch-configure

patch-configure.ac

pkg-config --cflags OpenEXR_CTL
-I/OpenEXR

pkg-config --libs-only-L OpenEXR_CTL
-L

pkg-config --libs OpenEXR_CTL
-L -lIlmImfCtl

pkg-config --libs OpenEXR_CTL CTL
-L -lIlmImfCtl  -L/usr/local/lib -lIlmCtlSimd -lIlmCtlMath -lIlmCtl -pthread

But get in build log

using pkg-config to set OPENEXR_CTL_CXXFLAGS and OPENEXR_CTL_LDFLAGS:
    OPENEXR_CTL_CXXFLAGS = -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include/CTL
    OPENEXR_CTL_LDFLAGS = -L/usr/local/lib
    OPENEXR_CTL_LIBS = -L -lIlmImfCtl  -L/usr/local/lib -lIlmCtlSimd
-lIlmCtlMath -lIlmCtl -pthread
checking for OpenEXR... yes
Compiled and ran OpenEXR test program.
checking for OpenEXR_CTL... no
*** Could not run the OpenEXR_CTL test program, checking why...
*** The test program could not be compiled.  Is OpenEXR_CTL installed?
*** Check that the cflags (below) includes the OpenEXR_CTL include directory
***
*** Flags used by the test:
***     cflags: -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -D_THREAD_SAFE
-I/usr/local/include/CTL
***     ldflags:  -L/usr/local/lib
***
*** You can also run configure with --disable-openexrctltest to skip this test.
The OpenEXR_CTL package could not be found.  Will build and install playexr and
exrdisplay without ctl support.
Summary for OpenEXR features:

build exrdisplay FLTK application               yes
    with fragment shader support                no
ctl support                                     no

Installed are

OpenEXR-2.1.0_1                High dynamic-range (HDR) image file format
ilmbase-2.1.0                  ILM Base libraries a.k.a. Half, IlmThread,
Imath, and Iex
ampasCTL-1.5_2                 Color Transformation Language interpreter
ampasACES-container-1.0.0      ACES Container Reference Implementation

Later I'll try to port NVIDIA's Cg too, but it'is only GNU/Linux binary.

--
Best regards,
Rusmir Dusko