Re: [Openexr-devel] Question about deep file practices

From: Christopher Horvath
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Question about deep file practices
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 10:49:26 -0700

I found that this was a necessary clean-up step for getting clean, non-bloated deep comps.

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 2:23 PM, Larry Gritz <address@hidden> wrote:
When rendering with multiple spatial samples per pixel, and they all hit an opaque surface but at a variety of (closely clustered) Z values, is it typical to end up with a deep pixel with a whole bunch of individual samples, each with Z==ZBack, or is it common practice to "compress" a tight enough cluster into a single "deep sample" with Z < ZBack that span the depth range of the opaque samples?

--
Larry Gritz
address@hidden