Re: [Openexr-devel] Thank you and congratulations, DWA!

From: Gonzalo Garramuno
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Thank you and congratulations, DWA!
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:31:02 -0300

On 22/08/14 18:40, Karl Rasche wrote:

How about the C interface if libIlmImf is detected at configure time, if not, fall back to the existing internal c implementation?

That sounds fine, but the problem is what compiler compiles the C++ code. If mingw compiles the code (assuming this is possible with openexr), all will work fine with ffmpeg, but it won't allow any other msvc application linking to ffmpeg to access any openexr function.
If MSVC compiles the code, it won't work with mingw ffmpeg.
Let me ask around the ffmpeg mailing list too, so it is not just me answering the question.