Re: [Openexr-devel] Multi-part history

From: Larry Gritz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Multi-part history
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 09:36:46 -0700

I think the usual convention is to use multi-part when you have multiple camera views, each of which needs the same set of channels (e.g. right and left eye, each of which have R, G, B, A, Z, etc.). But when you simply have a lot of distinct channels from the same camera (such as various lighting AOV's, as you mention), then usually it's done as a single part, with lots of channels named appropriately.