Re: [Openexr-devel] Pain to install pyilmabase

From: Peter Hillman
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Pain to install pyilmabase
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 13:21:40 +1300

Hi there,

Sharing the last few lines of output from configure should give clues what your specific issue is. In particular if you get this output

*** Could not run the Ilmbase test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled and staticly linked but did not run

then try again with:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/ilmbase-2-2-0/lib/
before running ./configure. (I was misleading in my previous reply to OpenEXR-user implying you didn't need that if you install ilmbase and pyilmbase in the same folder)

It's also probable that you don't have boost::python installed, which is required for pyilmbase to compile. You may see this:

*** Could not run the boost::python test program, checking why...
*** The test program could not be compiled

Installing boost::python on your system should fix that. I would suggest installing that as an RPM from a repository. If you chose to download, compile and install that into a non-standard location (say, /opt/boost), you will need to specify that to the pyilmbase configure script:

./configure --prefix=/opt/ilmbase-2-2-0 --with-boost-include-dir=/opt/boost/include --with-boost-lib-dir=/opt/boost/lib

Good luck!

Peter