openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] EXR layer naming conventions

From: Jim Hourihan
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] EXR layer naming conventions
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:12:59 -0700

On Jul 3, 2007, at 10:58 AM, Jim Hourihan wrote:

In addition, one or more attributes ala Michael's suggestion can be present which provides interpretation information per-channel. These would map channel names to values. Not all channels need be present in any map. The EXR spec or a similar document would clearly indicate some of the per-channel map names and their values (e.g., "PerChannelUnits" has "centimeters", "meters", "kilometers", "feet", "yards", etc.).

Rereading my email again I realized what I'm hoping for is per- channel attributes and some conventions on what their values mean. Maybe an interface like that for layers could be added to the ChannelList class to make this easy to use.

        -Jim