openexr-user

[Openexr-user] Issue regarding ilmbase and pyilmbase installation

From: Forum (io)
Subject: [Openexr-user] Issue regarding ilmbase and pyilmbase installation
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 15:35:12 +0100

Good day,

I have to install OpenEXR on Centos 7 and I download the following package
http://www.openexr.com/downloads.html

I first installed ilmbase in /opt/

tar zxf ilmbase-2.2.0.tar.gz
cd ilmbase-2.2.0
./configure --prefix=/opt/ilmbase-2-2-0
make
make install

Then I installed pyilmbase and I got issues

tar zxf pyilmbase-2.2.0.tar.gz
cd pyilmbase-2.2.0
./configure --prefix=/opt/pyilmbase-2-2-0

./configure return me the following errors

No package 'IlmBase' found
using prefix to set ILMBASE_CXXFLAGS and ILMBASE_LDFLAGS:
ILMBASE_CXXFLAGS = -I/opt/pyilmbase-2-2-0/include/OpenEXR
ILMBASE_LDFLAGS = -L/opt/pyilmbase-2-2-0/lib
ILMBASE_LIBS = -lImath -lHalf -lIex -lIexMath -lIlmThread -lpthread
checking for IlmBase... no
*** Could not run the IlmBase test program, checking why...
*** The test program could not be compiled. Is IlmBase installed?
*** Check that the cflags (below) includes the IlmBase include directory
***

In my point of view, it's because I defined a different install folder than the default of ilmbase and it can find it. That right?

Morever, then I run make command, I got this

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Then I wonder 3 things.

1. Does my pyilmbase install process is correct????
2. But first all, as I installed ilmbase into /opt/, where is the default install folder /somthing/lib/
3. Lasteley, how and where can I make in link (ln) to point /opt/ilmbase-2-20, to "inform" pyilmbase library?

Thank a lot for your help!!!!!!

Cheers