openpanorama-info

[Openpanorama-info] Update and need suggestions....

From: Mathieu VILLEGAS
Subject: [Openpanorama-info] Update and need suggestions....
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:58:22 -0500

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english.

I've update the document about the scripting language. You can download it in the download section ( the CVS has not been updated at this time). It's a first thought, so suggestions, corrections and ideas are welcome.

I need your point of view for a little problem: at this time, I don't really know how to describe a rendering window (rectangle where the panorama is displayed) in the panorama. What parametrs do we have to set in the panorama files and which ones have to be viewer parameters..... In a first thought, I've think to create a camera object. So that, we will be able to do automatic camera movement and images or object movements ( automatic movements) with the same functions.. The camera knows its max ad min pan, tilt and zoom values, its x,y,z position (having x,y,z position may allow us to easily create the effects you will see in this page: http://www.cs.ust.hk/~cpegnel/ACLP/thesis.html thanks to James Rigg for this link). Are the camera parameters able to set the rendering window size and position?
Can we have more than one camera in a panorama file?
Can we have more than one panorama in a file?

In fact one of the problem here is to know what is part of a panorama parameters and data, and what is part of the viewer parametrs and data? If a viewer support all OpenPanorama file format specifications, it will be more easy to use OpenPanorama specifications (interfaces, buttons, images, etc....) to describe and configure the viewer. So, do you think it's a good thing to create a Panorama file format, and in the same time a viewer configuration file format? The viewer file format will use most the Panorama file format to describe its own interface, so it will have really a few things to do.

Your suggestions, ideas, etc are welcome.
Please send your mails to the mailing list.

Regards

Mathieu Villegas