openpanorama-info

Re: [Openpanorama-info] SPi-V engine

From: Mathieu VILLEGAS
Subject: Re: [Openpanorama-info] SPi-V engine
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:06:31 -0400

Hello.

OpenPanorama specifications are Under the GNU Free Documentation License and the project is hosted by the free software foundation. It means you can use, modify the documents under the terms of this licence and use this specifications for free in any software to write or read panoramas. The goal of this project is to have an open and free to use file format for all software developpers and users.

Regards

Mathieu Villegas.

Aldo Hoeben wrote:

Hi,

My name is Aldo Hoeben. I just joined this list.

My direct reason for joining the list is that I am contemplating a
distributable
version of my SPi-V engine (www.fieldofview.nl/spv.php), and currently I am
considering the OpenPanorama format to describe panoramic scenes.

SPi-V is my Shockwave 3d based panorama-engine. It has some unique
features like Adaptive Dynamic Range display (www.fieldofview.nl/rd-adr.php)
The SPi-V engine will stay closed source for the most part. It will
eventually be
available in a number of different licenses: a free, branded version and
fully
customisable, payed version(s).

I don't really feel like wading through the whole OpenPanorama license at
this time, but will it allow me to use the OpenPanorama XML format in a
for-profit viewer? Since I regularly get requests to release the viewer
engine,
this has priority over authoring tools. So I would only be reading, not
creating
OpenPanorama files.

'do

Aldo Hoeben / studioPKO