openvds-support

Re: [Openvds-support] setting up a new virtual server

From: River Hume
Subject: Re: [Openvds-support] setting up a new virtual server
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 14:26:33 -0800

There's no new entries in vsd.conf... I tried rerunning vsbatch, but to no avail... Now what?

Thanx in advance!
-River

At 07:45 PM 1/1/02, you wrote:
Hi River,

> I used vs_create withour error, and run vsd-vsbatch and vsboot --start, and
> have added my new server's ip to /etc/hosts, but when i try to bevs I get
> the error:
> -- cannot find virtual server `new_vs'

Check /etc/vsd/vsd.conf and verify that there is a new_vs entry.
vsboot --start tries to initialize an interface with the IP from the
vsd.conf file, check if the ip matches the one you're testing.

> On another note, vsd-uninstall.pl needs to be better implemented (at least
> as of v1.4.9). I had previously installed 1.4.9, and tried to run
> vsd-uninstall.pl before installing 1.4.10, but the first thing the script
> did was to shut down inetd services! The last thing it piped through to me
> before being cut off was something to the effect of "Do you wand to undo
> changes to vsd.conf? [y]" ... at any rate, it seems to me this thing needs
> to effect changes to conf files, and THEN do a kill -HUP, not kill all
> services, then go about prompting... I had to call the colo center on the
> other side of the country to have him reb00t my box :(

Thats another reason why I prefer running individual xinetd processes
inside each virtual (root owned files).

Regards,
Urivan Saaib
Presidente