openvds-support

[Openvds-support] trying to make a fresh start...

From: River Hume
Subject: [Openvds-support] trying to make a fresh start...
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:41:34 -0800

Hello, I have been trying to get 1.4.10 up and running from rpm after having previously installed 1.4.9 from source. Somewhere, things have gotten confused between versions, because, I can't run uninstall, it says 'nothing to install' and I can't run install, it says 'already installed, use -u' but -u gives the error:
"Can't exec "chkconfig": No such file or directory at ./vsd-install line 659"

chkconfig is in the skel, so I tried setting a path to it, and then -u completes successfully, but without making any updates to inetd.conf

At any rate, I just want to get the server back to normal, so I can start a fresh... I tried hand deleting all the files I could find, after uninstalling the rpms, and no matter what I do, I can't do a clean vsd-install, coz it sez 'use -u' and can't vsd-uninstall, coz there's 'nothing to install'!!!

PLEASE HELP! I am about to have to just give up and use Apache v-servers, coz this just isn't working and I don't have time to keep banging my head against it. How can I possibly make my system forget all about vsd so I can start over? what on earth is it querying to think that its already installed? Is there some environment variable hiding somewhere I can just unregister?

Thanks in Advance!!!
-River