openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] enabling headphone output on mx300

From: Ryan Underwood
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] enabling headphone output on mx300
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 03:46:27 -0500

Hi Manuel,

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 12:07:06PM -0400, Manuel Jander wrote:

> > Manuel, was that true for you too?  If that is the case, perhaps the
> > MX300 is wired differently from the SQ2500 after all.  I keep saying
> > I'll try my MX300 but never have a chance to take my system down to do
> > it. :)
> >

> That depends. There are two ways to copy a stereo stream to the
> headphone outputs. It can be done using the Aureal Mixers, or using a
> feature of the STAC9708 codec. Unfortunately that "feature" doesnt work
> on my MX300. I have no idea why. The binary driver uses the first method
> (using the aureal digital mixer, i mean "CAsp4Mix" objects).

So you were able to get output from the rear speakers with the binary
driver without a codec hack?  If so, the MX300 really is different from
the SQ2500.  Without setting the 4-speaker bit in the stac9708, I was
never able to get any output from the rear jack.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253