openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] some info about 2nd try (fwd)

From: Ryan Underwood
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] some info about 2nd try (fwd)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 04:16:39 -0500

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 10:20:22PM +0200, halaszi gabor wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Ryan Underwood wrote:
>
> | Can we have /proc/pci and /proc/interrupts please?
>
> sure, sorry, i'm quite not familiar in hw development.

<snip>

that all looks ok.

I am using the kernel 2.4.21 as well with debian sid, on a 440BX board
and experiencing no problem.  Do you have SysRq Key support build into
your kernel?  When it hangs, do Alt-SysRq-S, Alt-SysRq-U, Alt-SysRq-B.
That should sync the logs to disk in case there was an oops or panic in
progress.  Then when you reboot you can check the previous syslog to see
what the matter was.

Also what compiler are you using, and are you certian that all of your
kernel and modules were compiled with the same compiler.  If not sure,
re-compile the kernel and modules from clean scratch just to make sure.
:)

Ryan

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253