openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Re: [ALSA - driver 0001047]: module hangs at seemin

From: Raymond
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Re: [ALSA - driver 0001047]: module hangs at seemingly random times
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 01:15:36 +0800

Although au8810, au8820 and au8830 have 16 Sample Rate Convertors.

For au8820 and au8830 driver, snd_pcm_hw_params() will return "no more mixer error" and "no more sample rate convertor error" before all configured substreams are opened.

It seem to me that au8810's problem is related to snd_pcm_open()
after all configured substreams are opened.

May be you can change NR_ADB from 0x10 to 0x20 (a dirty workaround) ?

Alien wrote:
I'm not too sure, but i _can_ tell you that lastly i had two weird errors about something adb, when snd-au8810 didn't play any sound anymore, i was able to kill all apps who use sound and modprobe -r snd-au8810, and modprobe again, and without reboot i was able to get sound working again.

In your case, if there are one or more stereo stream playing, snd_pcm_hw_params() will return "no more sample rate convertor error" before all configured substreams are opened.

I must say that i haven't been on this PC much and haven't had much time to test these things, allthough i'm planning too, (but i think i'll update CVS first with these 2 patches who got lost accidentally before i test this. I hope i'll get some time this week(end).

Igor V. Kovalenko already include the two lost patches in his patch to fix oopses on amd64

thanks for all the help and info concerning snd-au8810 (in 64bit)

AL13N