orm-devel

[orm-devel] Re: Firebird

From: Diedrich Vorberg
Subject: [orm-devel] Re: Firebird
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:08:10 +0200

Hey Petr,

Because I am completely new in OMR, I am just confused about using
Firebird with Object Relational Membrane (v.2).
the Firebird "adapter" for orm2 is not written, yet.

Or it is necessary to download previous version of OMR, which works
with Firebird? (If yes where to find it?)
The old version of orm contains the one contributed by Werner F. Bruhin. It can be downloaded from

   http://www.nongnu.org/orm/download/

(You'll have to scroll down a bit).

What version of Firebird do you plan to use? I think I could write an adapter for orm2 relatively quickly. Bear in mind though, that orm2 is still in its alpha stage. Though if you'd consider using it, I can promise you all the help you'd want ;-)

Sorry I am contacting you directly, but I couldn't find the discussion
group or any other place where to ask.
No problem. There is a mailinglist sponsored by savannah.nongnu.org at