palito-dev

[palito-dev] triple rotating turrent

From: Michael Devey
Subject: [palito-dev] triple rotating turrent
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 18:29:06 +1000

here's an attempt at triple rotating turrents - based on $walk

I'm pretty sure the maths is correct but it just doesn't look correct.
So I'm assuming anything this '3d' just looks crap in overhead 2d or I should
do highschool maths again. :/

I could try some length adjustments to give height perception but I think this
may be pointless an this pseudo affect is destroyed when the object rotates.
Anyway any comments etc

myke

--------
box2d 0 -15 5 15

= $inc / 2pi 3                  # 360 / 3 = 120'
= $wr fold / $walk 5 $inc       # (walk/5) % 120'
= $ang + pi2 $wr                # 90 + wr

# 3 segments 210-330, 330-90, 90-210
for $i 1 3 1
        = $ang + $ang $inc
        = $ypos1 + * 10 cos $ang 3