pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Pango requirement

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Pango requirement
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:46:40 -0700

On Sat 14 Dec 2002 13:56, John J. LeMay Jr. posted as excerpted below:
> Was there a reason why the Pango requirement was changed in 0.13.2.92 to >=
> 1.0.5? I'm playing around with the Mandrake package a bit and I'm still
> having issues with getting it running here. I'm wondering if Pango 1.0.4
> isn't good enough?

No problems here (Mdk 9.1 Cooker):

$ rpm -q pango
pango-1.1.5-1mdk

$ urpmq -r pango
pango-1.1.5-1mdk|pango-1.0.4-1mdk|pango-1.0.4-1mdk|pango-1.1.5-1mdk

I have my urpmi pointers set to various stable and cooker mirrors, so it seems
current stable is 1.0.4-1 while cooker is 1.1.5-1.  Since I have the pointers
set to the symlinks that remain constant, I'm not even sure what "current
stable" is, whether they've upgraded it to 9.0 yet or whether it is still
8.2, but I'd guess 9.0.

.. I'm glad they FINALLY updated gtkspell so I could get spelling again in
PAN.  I wonder why it took them so long as compared to some other stuff?
They skipped an entire minor point release, going from 2.0.0 to 2.0.2, which
isn't like them in Cooker, which usually tracks current pretty well.

.. One of these days I'll get more involved with their betas as well, since
I'm running cooker anyway, and likely know these things...

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin