pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Gnome Session managment code in Pan is not compiled

From: Nick Brown
Subject: [Pan-devel] Gnome Session managment code in Pan is not compiled
Date: 29 Dec 2002 16:38:26 +0000

I'm seeing the same problem as described in bug report 101198.
ie session management is not working.

I notice that in pan.c that the 2 section of code that deal with setting
up session management are conditional compiled by
#ifdef GNOME

It is obviously not being compiled.
However I cannot find GNOME defined in my config.h file and no configure
script test that looks for gnome on my machine would and defines it.

How do I get this code to compile without a putting a define GNOME in
pan.c myself?
Mind you, that doesn't work either (I just tried) as it looks like the
necessary includes are missing.
So it looks like this code is just hanging around waiting to be made
useful. :-)

Are there plans for this code to be used in the next release of Pan?
I'd love to see Pan support session management.

thanks,
Nick