pan-devel

[Pan-devel] .desktop file not translated?

From: Morten Brix Pedersen
Subject: [Pan-devel] .desktop file not translated?
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 02:19:41 +0100

Hi,

I was trying to add a Danish translation to the pan.desktop file, and
saw that it was being handled by gettext.

However, it doesn't seem to work. I looked at de.po and saw that the
right lines for pan.desktop.in.h was translated, changed my locale to
de_DE and started gnome-panel (GNOME2), but the tooltip when holding the
mouse over the "Pan Newsreader" item in the menu is still in English.

Am I doing something terribly wrong, or is it broken?

Another thing which bothered me was that the po/ directory is missing a
pan.pot file, or at least instructions on how to create it.

  - Morten.