pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: Pan 0.14.2 Won't Compile

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: Pan 0.14.2 Won't Compile
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:24:43 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:33:22 +0000, Duncan wrote:

>> increment as a separate statement.  But better to get a more recent
>> version of Pan (which no longer has an msort.c, since it's written in
>> c++).
>
> I'll second that.  pan 0.14.x is what, something like four years old
> now?  (Just checked, almost, 0.14.2 was released on August 31, 2003, so
> it's just about a month short of four years.  Time does fly...)  It's
> unsurprising newer and stricter gccs don't like the old code.

Well, I know for myself, I use 0.14.2 for the old rules engine in order
to manipulate the scoring rules - I still do most of my work now in
0.131, but the way I apply scores in the older version is fairly complex
and ultimately I need the rules engine to do the work for me (for
example, new Pan doesn't seem to have "watch entire thread" logic
available).

Jim