pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] SIGSEGV @ socket-impl-gio.cc:502 (abort_flag)

From: Nathanael Hoyle
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] SIGSEGV @ socket-impl-gio.cc:502 (abort_flag)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 15:31:16 -0400

I am not specifically familiar with this code, but since no one else has replied... I don't believe that this is duplicate.

Firstly, the if statement block that you commented out occurs within the else clause of the if structure which first checks for _abort_flag. This means that logically, _abort_flag must *not* be set in order to ever enter the else block, and therefore, if it were a duplicate/redundant check, then _abort_flag would never be set when checked the second time (where you commented it out). The fact that commenting it out caused a change in behavior for you proves that it is possible for _abort_flag to not be set in the first test, but to be set in the second. Presumably, this is because either/both of do_read() or do_write() may set _abort_flag (in the else block, above your "duplicate" if). I expect your actual problem lies elsewhere (perhaps within the on_socket_abort() call).

-Nathanael