pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [OT] Commercial news servers

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [OT] Commercial news servers
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:27:10 -0700

> I have been looking around for this kind of service - I would more than
> happily pay for it considering how crap our Net services is in
> Australia.  What the hell is one going to do with a 'whopping' 1 GB on
> the 'deluxe' account???  I can download 10GB per month just on my 56K
> modem!!!!  What a joke is that??  We have UNMETRED 56Kb modem ISP's and
> incredibly harsh limits on broadband?  It's enough to make me want to
> migrate when I hear of the Net paradise that some of my American
> brethren have.

High-bandwidth Usenet accounts are cheap here, but not free.
I use usenetserver.com's 'bronze' plan, which is 6.25 GB/mo
for $69.96 for 6 months.  Does anyone have a better price?

cheers,
Charles

[OT] PS.  Yes, we have great bandwidth here in the USA, but we
also have an autocratic president who's more interested in drilling
Eisenhower's ANSR than in diplomacy.  So it's a mixed bag. :P