pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] OT: WMs (was: newbie)

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] OT: WMs (was: newbie)
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 10:53:20 -0500

> Enlightenment! Has got everything you want and then some. Plus it still runs
> smoothly on my p133 as long as you don't use the translucency stuff.

back in the RH6.1 days, Enlightenment + Gnome beat up my P166/48MB box
pretty badly. I went to FVWM until I got my 1.1GHz/1.25GB box (can't just
let those processing cycles and memory go to waste!). :)

I still use FVWM (2.4.6) at work, or when I actually want to Get Work Done,
as opposed to dinking around with my window manager. :)
www.redchrome.org has some screenshots of my home desktop. my work
environment still looks like the early ones (tho I don't have any
screenshots of it).

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer