pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Help with external editor

From: Jerry Jorgenson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Help with external editor
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:21:03 -0500

Folks,

Pan lost or corrupted it's configuration file somehow, and now I can't get
the external
editor to work properly. The external editor configuration is set to:

winterm -c "/usr/freeware/bin/vim %t"

which always used to work, but now I get the following behavior:

The first time I click on "External Editor" a blank shell window comes up
with not text in it (vim is opened correctly). Typing in this window does
not put any text in the original body upon closing. If a click a second
time on "External Editor", the window comes up normally with the message
text inside just like I would expect, but again saving this does not
change the original message.

I am in need of a clue here.

Also, is there anyway to make the external editor come up by default (e.g.
Sylpheed) rather than having to click?

Thanks,

Jerry

--