pan-users

RE: [Pan-users] 0.13.0, default browser, and Limbo

From: John Ross Hunt
Subject: RE: [Pan-users] 0.13.0, default browser, and Limbo
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:38:43 -0500

> Jens,
>
> Maybe this *should* change, because distros are going
> to stop bundling Netscape soon.  (Does Limbo come with it?)
>
> As some KDE users have pointed out, gnome-moz-remote is
> probably not the most universal choice, so, Mozilla then?
>
> ...and that reminds me, will 0.13.0 be bundled in Limbo?
>
> cheers,
> Charles
[snip]

I don't know how KDE and other window managers handle it, but pan launches
the default browser set in the "URL Handlers" part of the GNOME control
center (galeon in my case).  If KDE can do something similar, this pretty
much becomes a non-issue.  You can leave Netscape or gnome-moz-remote
hard-coded in there as a fall-back or something.

Just my 2 bits,

-jrh