pan-users

[Pan-users] UI Suggestion / possible bug in 0.13.2 (and probably earlier

From: John J. LeMay Jr.
Subject: [Pan-users] UI Suggestion / possible bug in 0.13.2 (and probably earlier)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 12:59:02 -0500

I tend to keep my group list pane quite narrow with groups abbreviated leaving
more room in the message list pane for subject, author, and date fields.
However, what I end up with is a very narrow Find: field in the group search.
The seach field for the message list is, conversely, quite wide.

I should describe my setup as well. In the Layout dialog I use the second Pane
Layout from the right, and I use the first Pane Order entry.

Could the search fields be split from the group/message list panes and instead
be a "tool bar" all to itself? The position doesn't need to change, I would
just like the width of the search fields to not be tied to the width of the
Group/Message lists. Would this effect the tabbed view at all?

Playing around I may have uncovered a bug as well (using 0.13.2). When I return
to an "unzoomed" (pane vs tabbed) view from a tabbed view, Pan seems to have
forgotten the width I've set the group list pane to. This goes away if I close
and reopen Pan between changing the width of the panes and switching to tabbed
view. Could be by design, but it would seem to make more sense to save that
field width as soon as I change it, no?

--
John LeMay
Senior Enterprise Consultant