pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] About marking messages read...

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] About marking messages read...
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:02:21 -0700

On Tue 10 Dec 2002 15:21, Maurizio Colucci posted as excerpted below:
> 1) Is it possible to have Pan NOT mark existing messages read when
> downloading new headers?

Well... yes... I've never had it do that.  Is it possible you are mixing up
messages still marked new will become old, when a new set of messages is
downloaded, but that's supposed to be distinct from marking them read, and,
from my experience, IS distinct as outlined.  (Read messages are grayed out,
while old messages retain color, but lose their bold aspect.)

> 2) Why does Pan not mark messages read when I have read them via the SPACE
> key? Is there some way to enable that?

You don't mention which version you have, but that was a bug, that's just been
fixed in the latest beta, if it's the behavior I am thinking about.  I
haven't installed the new beta yet, but PAN has been marking all messages
read when I view them, except for my own.  Again, that's a known bug, which
is supposed to be fixed in the latest beta, which I'll be installing right
after I finish with mail (I just got the announcement of the new version in
the meil, have it d/led, but haven't installed it yet.)  If your problem is
different, please repost with the version, and a bit more description.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin