pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.2.92 Segfault in acache.c, line 216 --> msgID n

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.2.92 Segfault in acache.c, line 216 --> msgID non-empty assertion failure
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:46:48 -0700

On Tue 10 Dec 2002 19:53, Charles Kerr posted as excerpted below:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 07:16:13PM -0700, Duncan wrote:
> > On Tue 10 Dec 2002 13:08, Charles Kerr posted as excerpted below:
> > > As usual, tarballs are up now; binaries will be up as they come in.
> >
> > Using the RH 7.1 RPMs on Mdk 9.1 Cooker...
> >
> > Installed, read about three messages, and crash loading the next one...
> > Now it loads the GUI and just as it looks like it's started nicely, it
> > crashes, with the following when run from Konsole...
> >
> > ** (pan:5726): CRITICAL **: file acache.c: line 216 (acache_get_entry):
> > assertion `is_nonempty_string(message_id)' failed
> > Segmentation fault
>
> Got a backtrace for me? :)

Well, no backtrace, but figured out what it was -- and likely why I hadn't
been able to load the pan.sent and pan.sendlater folders for some time (it
hadn't been worth looking into, but I'd noticed it).  That Msg-ID clue had me
guessing it was a corrupted message somewhere in the cache.  It wasn't the
cache, per se, but the folders.  I didn't have anything of value in them, so
once I figured out that's what it was, I deleted them and Pan is working just
fine again.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin