pan-users

[Pan-users] disabling nls? (Solaris 8)

From: jef_e
Subject: [Pan-users] disabling nls? (Solaris 8)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:42:30 -0500 (EST)

ok, after a few weeks of being to busy to work on compiling Pan here at
work, I've taken to giving it a stab again. I got past my previous
problems, but can't seem for the life of me to get pan to do anything
useful with iconv - and I don't know enough about it to know what it is
looking for...

checking for iconv... yes
checking for iconv declaration...
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, const char * *inbuf, size_t
*inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking preferred charset formats for system iconv... not found
configure: error:
        *** The iconv-detect program was unable to determine the
        *** preferred charset formats recognized by your system
        *** iconv library. It is suggested that you install a
        *** working iconv library such as the one found at
        *** ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv

It's GNU libiconv, built from source. v 1.8...

can I just disable nls overall to get around this? --disable-nls doesn't
seem to do any good. Any ideas?

thanks,
jef