pan-users

[Pan-users] GTK2 color settings: caret color?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] GTK2 color settings: caret color?
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 06:47:21 -0700

I've been customizing my GTK2 (which I use mainly for PAN, since I prefer KDE
normally) color settings, and have a couple problems.

1)  I can't seem to find a GUI way in Gnome2/GTK2 to set individual item
colors.  All I've been able to do is set themes or edit the gtkrc-2.0 text
file, then restart PAN to see the effect.  If I'm setting colors, it'd sure
be nice to have a GUI method of setting each individual item color.

2). More to the current point... I can't find any way to change the text entry
caret from the default black.  I prefer light on dark, as I find it less
glaring and easier to work with.  Black background is perfect -- except that
I can't see the caret marking my text entry point, then, as it is ALSO black!
How do I chance that?

If anyone can point me to a proper document with all the widgets and their
various setable properties and the format of the gtkrc entries, that would be
great!

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin