pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] feature request:'sticky' flags

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] feature request:'sticky' flags
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 06:23:40 -0700

On Thu 06 Mar 2003 03:48, drwhat posted as excerpted below:
[Duncan scribed]
> > and simply flagging them
> > doesn't do it, but if you start the d/l and then quit PAN, newer versions
> > save the task list and will ask if you want to resume it when you start
> > PAN again, so a d/l already in progress should be resumable.
>
> I do use that method, but..if I am disconnected from my isp, which happens
> alot... lousy isp, and ancient phonelines, pan continues to try to dl the
> flagged files, since there is no connection, it times out, and goes to the
> next msg/file, unflagging the previously flagged file. I then have to go
> back thru the msg lists and re-flag the msgs/files for download.

So what we need is that PAN quits unflagging stuff for timeouts when the
connection simply dies.

Luckily, I don't have that problem much, on cable modem, w/ three servers
accessable @ 1.5Mbps each, and a 3Mbps d/l pipe.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin