pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.13.4 memory leaks

From: Steven Ellis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.13.4 memory leaks
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:15:46 -0800 (PST)

--- Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun 09 Mar 2003 15:41, Steven Ellis posted as
> excerpted below:
> >
> > --- Brian Morrison <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 07:00:48 -0500 in
> > > address@hidden

> problem, try downloading a
> memory usage is 100% and the
> continue to download large
> it is, boom!!.
> > >
> > > That sounds like the usual VM OOM problem rather
> > > than Pan as such.
> >
> > What VM 00M problem? I use RH 7.2 with a custom
> 2.4.20
> > kernel and I have the same problem with Pan 0.13.4
> and
> > 0.13.90. Eventually Pan eats all the memory on the
> box
> > after performing a large number of big binary
> > downloads.
>
> Well, it is the VM dealing with it, sure, but that
> doesn't mean it's the VM
> causing the problem.
>
> What sort of memory and swap U run, Chris & Steve?

320 Mb Real Ram on a K6-2+ 500, with 256Mb of Swap. I
often see Pan grab over 400Mb of memory, and usually
the kernel manages to kill the app, but yesterday the
whole machine fell over. I run a 2.4.18 kernel on this
machine at the moment.

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

address@hidden