pan-users

[Pan-users] Sorting problem?

From: Bruce Bowler
Subject: [Pan-users] Sorting problem?
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:16:50 -0500

Using 0.13.4 but also noticed in many prior versions...

Perhaps I'm odd (I know I shouldn't leave anyone an opening like that :-)
but I have the groups I follow set to thread messages and sort ascending
by date.

For what I call base articles everything is hunky dory.  Early ones appear
at the top of the list, later ones appear further down the list.  The
problem is with replies.  As an example, in comp.lang.fortran, there's a
thread that starts with a message created 18-Mar-2003 12:22.  There are 3
replies.  The first one listed under that base article has a date of
18-Mar-2003 13:45, the second's date is 18-Mar-2003 13:18, the 3rd one,
which is actually the first reply is dated 18-Mar-2003 12:52.  The replies
are in the reverse order that I'd expect them in.   This situation is not
unique to this particular case.  It is uniform across the 40+ groups I
browse...

Am I wrong in expecting the replies to be in ascending date order too?
Did I miss an option somewhere on how to specify display order?

Thanks!
Bruce

--
Bruce Bowler        | A boy's best friend is his mother.  - Norman Bates