pan-users

[Pan-users] Audio sync problems from hell

From: David Anderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Audio sync problems from hell
Date: 27 Mar 2003 13:19:48 -0000

I'm running Red Hat 8.0 with the latest release DXR3 drivers (0.13.0). I'm having audio sync problems with everything I play.

I've read the audio FAQ. I'm running the latest Xine and Mplayer software. Both Xine and Mplayer have sync problems, though Xine seems to be a bit better. I've tried the -vo dxr3:prebug:sync switch with MPlayer. That helps a little, but the dialog is still off a bit. Also, when I run that switch, MPlayer won't respond to any mouse commands. I have to kill it to stop the player. That seems to be an MPlayer issue, however.

Key things to note:

1) I'm only testing this with MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 files. No DivX or anything like that. I've tried MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 files that I've downloaded off the net.

2) I'm using the PCM output of the Hollywood Plus. It's being fed directly into a receiver. After reading the past mailing list threads, it seems not many, if any, people are using it this way. I'm wondering if that is part of the problem. Perhaps there are some issues with PCM output that no one is aware of?

Anyway, just curious if anyone has any feedback or suggestions. The only things I can think to try would be to A) see if the problem happens with the analog out on the H+ card, and B) see if the problem happens with a DVD using the PCM out on the H+ card. However, these same files have no sync problems if I reboot into Windows and use Sigma's drivers/software.

Thanks for any help. If this message is any way comes off as negative or as a complaint, I apologize as that is not my intent. As as beginner programmer myself, I'm impressed with how far your project has come, especially with no help from Sigma.

-Dave